GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATION IN RHIS ONLINE SCHOOLING
Premise: Access to internet and online learning are good educational resources that facilitate students learning. However, e-learning, like other social interaction avenues have its pros and cons, hence the need to provide guidelines for the use of RHIS e-learning platform.
Aim: The aim of these guidelines is to promote a safe and child friendly participation in all aspects of RHIS e-learning programme.
Guidelines for students
1. RHIS e-learning programme is strictly for academic purpose only.
2. Be respectful and courteous when talking or chatting with your teachers and friends.
3. Do not use abusive words, abusive language or engage in name calling.
4. The use of emoji’s or any other symbols is not allowed.
5. Do not post or share inappropriate materials.
6. Stay within your class space. Do not trespass to another class for chats or any form of activity.
7. Take turns while answering questions as directed by your teacher.
8. Do not chat or make phone calls during lesson time. It is learning time.
We appeal to you to kindly monitor the activities of your children online. Please note the following for your kind action:
1. Online classes run from 9:00am to 12:30pm daily from Monday through Friday.
2. Set screen time limit to reduce children’s internet access and online interaction.
3. Install security software with parental control on your devices.
4. As always, establish online etiquette and encourage good behaviour for your children.
5. Discuss the above guidelines with your children.
Please note that RHIS reserves the right to withdraw access to the e-learning platform due to the violation of the above guidelines by any student.
We count on your usual cooperation to ensure a safe and rewarding e-learning experience for all students.
Head of School